Immortal Ever After (Argeneau #18) by Lynsay Sands

Immortal Ever After (Argeneau #18)
by Lynsay Sands
Publication Date: February 26th 2013 by Avon

review courtesy of edelweiss

A kiss doesn’t mean eternity . . .

Valerie Moyer doesn’t believe in vampires—until she is kidnapped by a fanged psychopath! After escaping her bloodthirsty captor, she’s through with creatures of the night. Until she finds herself under the protection of the darkly handsome Anders. Not only is she expected to accept that Anders is immortal, but also that she is the woman destined to be his life mate!

. . . Or does it?

Anders felt a connection to Valerie from the moment he cradled her bruised body in his arms. But before he claims her, he must destroy the vampire who almost stole her from him forever. His job would be easier if Valerie didn’t fight him every step of the way. Still, Anders loves a challenge, and the green-eyed beauty is worth fighting for!

My Thoughts: 
I am a stalker when it comes to the Argeneau series, so when I saw this as an ARC in edelweiss I requested it without any idea of who the main characters were or what the plot was!!

This started out very very dark, honestly it was a bit scary. It was did not start out as a Lynsay Sand's typical lighthearted Argeneau book.  Someone was kidnapping women, drugging them and keeping them prisoner in a small cage. What was scary was that the guard would take one of the girls where they would become the "toy" for a sadistic vampire..  Luckily, the sexy Anders is nearby and is just the perfect bodyguard that Valerie needs.. In the previous books in this series, Anders is always portrayed as a loner, a quiet one... but it was fun reading how he deals with finding his life mate. Wait until you hear the "nickname" Valerie gives him, LOL. This book is filled with twists and turns until a final showdown at the end...

We see our favorite vampire/soul mate couples throughout this story, like a homecoming.  I love the antics of Leigh, she is hilarious.  As this is the 18th book in the series, I am wondering if it will continue, I think all of the main and secondary characters have had their story told, well the only one i think left my be Justin.  I hate to see this series end, but we may have run out of romance and life mates to pair up.

My Rating

1 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh! A new Sands book!! Adding to my To Read list!

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by, it means alot to me. Since you're here, I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.