Kissing Under the Mistletoe by Marina Adair

Kissing Under the Mistletoe (A St. Helena Vineyard Novel Series #1)
by Marina Adair (Goodreads Author)
Published October 16th 2012 by Montlake Romance

Regan Martin stopped believing in Christmas miracles six years ago when she lost everything—her house, her job, and her impeccable reputation in the wine industry—after she fell in love with a man she had no idea was married. Then Regan gets a chance for a fresh start in the Napa Valley. With her dream job, dream home, and her daughter enrolled in a wonderful new school, she starts wondering if holiday wishes really do come true.

But she soon tumbles back down to earth when she learns that her new boss is none other than Gabe DeLuca, the scorned wife’s brother. Gabe wants nothing more than home-wrecking Regan Martin out of his life, his sister’s world, and his family’s business. Mostly, he wants the lush beauty out of his head. Yet his attempts to run her out of town have him thinking twice, especially when he sees that Regan may hold the key to tracking down his sister’s stolen start-up capital. Even worse for Gabe, Regan might just be his Christmas wish and hold the key to his heart.

My Thoughts:
I want to personally thank Marina and the publicist for the Montlake Romance imprint, Susan for giving me the opportunity to read this wonderful book.  This was a wonderful holiday inspired book!!

From the first page I was hooked.  At a young impressionable age, Regan fell in love, unfortunately to the wrong kind of man- a married one.  She found out he was married and she was pregnant at the same time, talk about mood kill.  It seems the wife of the man has a very strong devoted family, willing to do whatever it takes for their sister.  But,  no matter what punches are thrown at her, Regan is resilient, she keeps her positive attitude against all odds. She is portrayed as a loving mom, putting her child and her welfare first.

I will admit at first I wasn't sure what to think of Gabe (the scorn wife's brother), as he was behind may of the roadblocks that Regan came up against. He was very obsessed with ruining her, to the point where she needed to move around alot to keep one step ahead of him. Eventually, Gabe became a hero, trying to do whatever he could to keep a roof over Regan and her daughters head. I loved reading the interactions and banter between the two of them.  I was routing for Regan, but she didn't need me in her corner, she was a fighter, her determination shown through the pages.

The secondary characters strengthen the depth of this book. I am looking forward to read more from the  St. Helena Vineyard Series. I want to thanks Marina for sharing her wonderful work with me, I enjoyed every page and fell in love with the entire family. Please hurry!!

Rating:


Get Yours Today!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by, it means alot to me. Since you're here, I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.