In the Spotlight ~ Passionate Encounters

Today's my 10 year wedding anniversary and what a great way to celebrate than to introduce you all to another fabulous book blogger. FBL welcomes Megan from Passoniate Encounters.  Here is a bit about Megan..
I grew into my love of books when I started reading Little House on the Prairie, I fell in love with romance when I saw Almanzo trying to catch Laura's eye. What clinched the deal was watching Anne of Green Gables on PBS, I was glued to the screen when Gilbert came on. He was so dreamy...and with that accent! Gilbert trying to woo Anne..sigh...it kinda made my heart go pitter patter. And then came my school years. Aargh! I hat....tolerated them, but what kept me going aside from my friends was writing my first novel about my first love and me, it was going to be great I just knew it. But then school ended, I lost touch with that guy and I sorta lost interest within my crazy life.
Now, I'm back. Ready to start writing again but still have to get over that hurtle of fear and rejection.

When and how did you decide to become a book blogger?
I have always had a passion for books, since I was young. And before that a passion for romance (you can blame that on Anne of Green Gables). I have always had my hand in writing, trying to write a novel length book is tough work and I have always heard that you need to keep writing everyday no matter what and I hate writing in journals (diaries) because I was the only one that read it, so blogging seemed to be the best way to go.

So far, what is the hardest part of being a book blogger?
Writing every day. I know, I know. The most important part of blogging is to write everyday otherwise you lose your readers, but life seems to always get in the way of it.

What do you do when you are not blogging?
The most important answer is; not doing what I love, and that’s writing. I’m in the medical profession currently.

What was the inspiration behind the name Passionate Encounters?
Well, I knew when I wanted to start my blog I had to have Passion in there somewhere because you are most happy when you are doing what you’re most passionate about right? And romance books are full of encounters, so I thought why not meld the two words together somehow.

What genres do you read? Can you tell us what it is about the genre’s that grab your interest?
Well, I started out with contemporary because that’s the only thong I knew when young; and then I progressed into historical since I absolutely love the idea of living in the past. But lately, I have been drawn to paranormoral. I just love the idea of other forms of life out there (and I’m not talking about aliens).Which is weird because I was totally turned off by the vampire craze when it started.

Who are your three favorite authors?
Wow, tough question. How can I narrow it down? Let’s see…Lucy Maud Montgomery, Laura Ingalls Wilder, and Margaret Mitchell.

Which author would you like to meet (dead or alive)? Tell us more…
Only one? Gosh…it would have to be Lucy Maud Montgomery by far. I have always wanted to travel and see Prince Edward Island and to ask her if the movie version lived up to her imagination.

How big is your TBR Pile? How many books do you read/review in a month?
Well, including my nook and kindle books as well as paperbacks I would have to say….too many to count. I read three times as many books as I review, my review process is slow. I used to review right after I read the last page so as the details were still fresh in my mind. But for me, these days TBR stands for To Be Reviewed.

Finally, if someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?
Delving into the mind of a procrastinator who will become the next big thing…tomorrow.

How you can reach Megan: 

Twitter  Blogger  Facebook  Goodreads





Are you interested in being featured "In the Spotlight", stop by and fill on contact form.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by, it means alot to me. Since you're here, I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.