In the Spotlight ~ Time is Poisoned

In the Spotlight is a feature on FBL, this is where a fellow blogger is spotlighted. Learn a bit about the person, the blog and their reading habits.

This week, FBL welcomes Jo from Time is Poisoned. Here is a bit about her: she is a published writer of short stories. Aspiring novelist. Proud Cal Bear. Blogger for Caliber Magazine. Alternative model. Fairy tale freak. 19 years old.


When and how did you all decide to become create a blog?
I decided to create a blog when I wanted to keep track of my novel progress. I decided that I also aimed to use my blog as a tool to connect with other writers and readers, and hopefully develop a healthy following by the time I'm ready to attempt to publish my novel.

So far, what’s the hardest part of being a book blogger?
Having to update my blog consistently, especially because I'm a full-time student.

What do you do when you are not blogging?
Writing my yet-to-be-published novel, modeling, and studying. Among many other activities.

This is a multiple question: How many followers do you have? How often do you post to your blog? How can people follow you?
Currently, I have 44 followers. I do my best to post to my blog at least 2 times a week. People can follow me by clicking on the button in the "Followers" section on the right-hand side of my blog.

Tell us about how the name of your blog " Time is Poisoned". What meaning does it have for you and how did you all come up with it?
If you think about it, time poisons us. It’s within us all, and no matter what you do, no matter how hard you try, Time inevitably swoops us all up into its arms perches us upon its back, and expands its great feathered wings to fly. It keeps flying and flying through the never-ending sky until we reach our destination: demise. It is like a poison that runs through our veins, an incurable disease. There’s no antidote. Every minute is pretty much occupied, and I always feel the need to cry out, “Wait! I need to catch up!” even though my pleads land upon deaf ears, and I’m left at the mercy of trying to salvage my precious minutes. The more time that passes by, the less accomplished I feel. This is how I feel as a novelist. I'm always racing against time to accomplish my dream of being a published novelist as soon as possible.

Who are your three favorite authors?
Oh, man! I have to narrow it down? Well, here are 3, among a list of many, many more.

Neil Gaiman 

J.K. Rowling 

Catherynne M. Valente 

Which author would you most like to meet (dead or alive)? Tell us more..
I'd love to meet Neil Gaiman, most definitely. He's one of my idols when it comes to writing. I swear, he's a Renaissance man. He is not only a novelist. He has also written graphic novels and screenplays and children's books. He has won many awards, including Hugo, Nebula, Bram Stoker, and a Newbery Medal. He has been a guest star on the PBS Kids' show Arthur (which is one of my goals as well!). He's been voted Best Author on World Goth's Day's Website! What's not to love about him?

How big is your TBR pile? How many books do you read/review in a month?
I have so many books I want to read. Due to schoolwork, I'll try to read at least one book for fun per month. Because of my lack of time, I don't write book reviews every month. But when I do, it's published at UC Berkeley's Caliber Magazine's website. Aside from that, I do interview authors every Friday in a feature called "Writer of the Week" on my blog.

Finally, if someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?
I don't even want to think about someone writing a biography of me. It would mean violating my privacy.

On A Personal Note
Do follow my blog, "Time is Poisoned," at http://jowu-timeispoisoned.blogspot.com/. I'm on my way to becoming a published novelist, so I hope you can tune in to my writings!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by, it means alot to me. Since you're here, I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.