In the Spotlight ~ Reviews by Molly




Another treat today, we have Molly from Reviews by Molly stopping by today to be featured "In the Spotlight".  




When and how did you decide to become a book blogger?
I became a book blogger in August of 2009. I had read several Linda Lael Miller books, and I had decided to look them up on Amazon to post my thoughts. I saw that someone had created a review but used their blogger name as their name on the reviews. So, further checking led me to Google-ing book review bloggers. Thus, my very first blog was born.

What’s the hardest part of being a book blogger? 
The hardest? Hmmm. Well, the fact that some people don't like your reviews because they have their own opinions. Or, someone may not like the style of my reviews ( I tend to make up my own words from time to time <grin>) and the criticism can be much like that of an author: it hurts.
 
Any words of wisdom to new bloggers? 
No matter the thoughts of others, no matter the criticism you may receive in your reviews, do NOT give up! Stay persistent and enjoy the aspect of reading and helping the authors. :-) 

How do you keep in touch with your followers? Any tips? 
I keep in touch with my followers through Facebook pages, Twitter, my blog and email. Sometimes it's hard to keep up with them all, but I try. Tips? Well, I need them too, so I really don't have any tips other than letting your followers now through a blog post here and there that they mean the world to ya! 
 
The Balancing Act. How do you carve out time between work, your family and posting to your blog?
I do the majority of my blogging at night after the kiddos are in bed. I'm a divorced mom of two so it's a little hard to post when they are up and rowdy. They attend school, too, so I can sneak on while they are there. Currently, my job as a Pharmacy Technician isn't providing many hours, so I have lots of daytime time to get on the blog. 
 
How do you write a review for a book not to your liking? 
I try to include all the positive thoughts and incorporate them in to my negative thoughts. I let the followers know that while I didn't like such and such about a book, that they may have different tastes than I do and I encourage them to still give it a try. I always praise the author for their effort, regardless of what I didn't like about the book.
Which author would you most like to meet (dead or alive)? Tell us more.. 
I would most definitely love to meet Lori Foster! Her suspenseful romance novels are filled to overflowing with super sexy Alpha males and I drool over them constantly. I would love to sit down and chat about her heroes and find out all that's behind her work.
How big is your TBR pile? How many books do you read/review in a month?
My TBR? Oh, I'd say bigger than the Empire State Building.....<grin>. Actually, it's more like 5 bookshelves full plus stacks upon stacks of books in my closet. Yea. I really don't need more but it's an addiction. I can review up to 40 books a month if they are smaller books. If they are larger, probably about 20. I can typically read a book in a day, sometimes 2 if they are smaller to mid size. The 400 + pages books, generally take me 3 days.
Finally, if someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be? 
 Molly: The Too Many Books To Count Kindle Addicted Mama Who Obsesses Over Hot Fictional Guys.  Yea I know. Lame. But, it's true. I do obsess over hotness!

On a Personal Note:
A long term blogger, and avid reader of paranormal romance,crime, mystery and thriller fiction, Molly is the founder of Reviews By Molly. Listing authors such as Lori Foster,Carrie Ann Ryan, Terry Spear,Joel M. Andre, Vincent Zandri, Janet Evanovich, James Patterson, and Stephen King amongst her favorites, she has been hosting tours and posting reviews for several years. Molly understands what’s involved in making a the blogging world a success and recognizing that all authors have a talent hidden within and deserve chances to be read and known. Molly is a single mom of 2 boys, who is having an affair with her Kindle, whose name is Kent. She adores Kent the Kindle ALMOST as much as she adores her sons. Where you find Molly, you'll find a great new (or old!) book close by, either on Kent the Kindle or in good ol' paperback form.




Are you interested in being featured "In the Spotlight", stop by and fill on contact form.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by, it means alot to me. Since you're here, I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.