A Vampire's Christmas Carol by Karen McCullough

A Vampire's Christmas Carol 
By Karen McCullough
Originally Published in the Beneath A Christmas Moon anthology
Published: Nov. 30, 2011

Free ebook courtesy of Smashwords

Can Christmas Eve get any more fun? On her way to her family's home, Carol Prescott’s car slides into a ditch in a deserted area with no cell phone signal. The only available shelter is already occupied…by a vampire. To Michael Carpenter, Carol is the bait of a trap.
In an effort to hold onto his soul, Michael has resisted the urge to drink human blood for almost a century. Now he hovers between human and vampire. If he doesn’t drink from a human before the night ends, he’ll die. He’s desperately thirsty, but Michael has seen the soulless monsters vampires are and he prefers death. Carol is pure temptation to him, the Christmas present from hell…or is it from heaven?

My Thoughts:

I have been reading alot of contemporary and historical romance the past few months, I almost forgot how much I love paranormal romance. When I saw a twitter post alerting me of this free ebook, I jumped at the chance to read it. Who wouldn't want to read a free Paranormal and Holiday themed romance in one!! I was very happy that I did, although it was a quick read (29588 words), I felt the characters were well developed and the plot was well written.



Fate landed Carol at Michael's door, two people drawn to each other but unable to act on their attraction. Despite Michael's lack of soul, he was caring and truly one of the "good guys".  Michael's character was sweet, you could feel his pain as he tried to avoid attacking Carol as it was coming close to dawn.  Carol was in tune with his pain and she was willing to do whatever it took to find a way to save Michael.

If you are looking for a hot steamy read, this is not it, however you will find a sweet romantic tale to keep your insides warm for the holiday. I was sorry to see it end. I think you would enjoy this novella, just in time for the holiday. Hurry over to smashwords and get yourself a copy.

Review courtesy of free ebook at Smashwords


My Rating:
               
Author:

Learn more about Karen and her books at her website.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by, it means alot to me. Since you're here, I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.