Can't Hurry Love (Three Kisses #3) by Christie Ridgway


Can't Hurry Love (Three Kisses #3)
by Christie Ridgway
Publisher: Berkley
Published July 5th 2011
ISBN: 0425242102 (ISBN13: 9780425242100)

Summary

Liam Bennett staked his claim to Tanti Baci after stepping in to help the Baci sisters save their family legacy. But Giuliana Baci doubts his motives. They've been at odds since the hot summer long ago that ended in heartache. With the fate of the winery on the line, the former lovers need to get a handle on their barely leashed hostilities-and the attraction that still draws Liam Bennett staked his claim to Tanti Baci after stepping in to help the Baci sisters save their family legacy. But Giuliana Baci doubts his motives. They've been at odds since the hot summer long ago that ended in heartache. With the fate of the winery on the line, the former lovers need to get a handle on their barely leashed hostilities-and the attraction that still draws them toward each other.

My Thoughts:

Giuliana (Jules) fulfilled both wishes of her parents, at sixteen her mom’s dying wish was for her take care of her younger sisters, and her at her father’s deathbed he asked her to come back home and help her sisters save the family winery. She had to be strong and controlling and push aside her needs and wants to see things through. I had a love hate relationship with her. I understand that for her to avoid any more heartache she had to distances herself from Liam, but the more the storyline unfolded, I  didn’t get why she kept her self so guarded even still. 
Now Liam was also a difficult character for me to warm up to. He is closed off, never letting anyone to close to him. He has been feeling guilty most of his life, hiding his father’s little secret for years; it’s not until his father passes when they are exposed.  He would do anything not to be like his father, and he does this but shutting himself off.  This has been working for him, well, until Jules returns. He first and only true love, but will their secrets of their youth bring them closer or separate them forever?  

She and Liam had history, what it was we never knew, but boy did we find out in this story. I am trying to write this where I don’t let alot slip out, I am not one to write spoilers. Don’t you hate it when someone tells you how the book ends? 

I love the interaction between Jules and Liam, it is smart alecky and humorous. The chemistry between may have been put on the back burners, but once they explore the intimacy it is on FIRE! They keep going back and forth not wanting to want/need each other, it wasn’t until they were honest with themselves and each other, do you see them finally chipping away at the hardening or protection over their heart. I think it took longer than needed and would have loved to see them stumble and fall in love again sooner in the book.


“Aren’t you going to say something?” “I can’t,” he answered, honest. “Because they aren't words that would do you justice.”

“It’s so tight, (Jule's dress) I had to go commando, but for that compliment it might be worth it.”

I wish the story line between Grace and Kohl was played out more; they were a great secondary story. I wanted to learn more about Kohl and his dark past and how she soothed her troubled solider. I tended to skim some of the ongoing drama between Liam and Jules just to get to Grace and Kohl’s romance.  I could see their story being in a short novella, something with a Christmas theme.  
I think you will enjoy the ending to a wonderful series. You will get plenty of romance, some laughs and tear or two. I couldn’t help but curling up with a glass of wine to honor Tanti Baci, the family’s one hunderd year old winery.  
My Rating: 

    
                       

2 comments:

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said... Best Blogger Tips

this looks good. thanks for sharing. I just reviewed Nora Roberts new book The Next Always.. be sure and pop in for coffee and check it out :)

Kat ~ Forever Book Lover ♥ said... Best Blogger Tips

@kimba88, I will stop by, Nora Roberts is a favorite of mine. I have her latest in my next to read pile..

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by, it means alot to me. Since you're here, I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.